We carried out our patient survey in the week commencing 3rd February 2020. In total 150 questionnaires were handed to patients for completion which is just over 2% of our patient list. 30 surveys were handed out randomly each day at varied times to ensure a broad representation. We received 104 responses (69%) which was a 3% increase in last year’s return.
Out of the 150 surveys two thirds (100) were given to patients attending the surgery for a GP or a Nurse appointment. The remaining 50 surveys were given out by the reception staff at front desk to patients collecting prescriptions, making appointments or other business.
The written survey asked:
- How satisfied are you with the care you receive from this practice?
Does not apply
- Would you recommend your GP practice to someone who has just moved into the local area?
- Please add any comments you would like to make about the practice?
A further 2 questions collected the patient profile. No patient identifiable information was collected in the questionnaire.
All returns were anonymous. The results from the 104 responses were as follows:-
Q1: 104 responses:-
- 88 Very Satisfied (84%)
- 9 Fairly Satisfied (9%)
- 7 Satisfied (7%)
- 0 Dissatisfied
Q2: 104 responses:-
- Extremely likely: 92 (89%)
- Likely: 12 (11%)
- Neither likely or unlikely: 0
- Unlikely: 0
- Don’t know: 0
Q3: 36 responses included the following comments:-
- I would like to be able to book an appointment with my own doctor a month in advance
- Efficient, professional and friendly service in treatment room
- Always very busy – all staff doing a great job
- I am very satisfied with the care provided in Portrush Health Centre
- Brilliant service, thank you
- Being able to order prescriptions online a great time saver
- Very helpful and professional staff
- Having to wait long time to see Dr of my choice is frustrating
- Online appointments is very easy and convenient
- I have been a patient here for over 40 years and am so blessed with the excellent service provided here when I hear about other GP surgeries
- Everybody very friendly and helpful
- Very happy
- No problems
- I would definitely recommend this practice to anyone moving into this area
- I have no problem getting an appointment
- Happy with everything
- It is very hard to get appointments with one particular doctor
- Any time I come to Portrush medical centre the staff have a happy face, no stress and it’s something I really appreciate these days
- I think Portrush is very lucky the medical centre is a great asset to the town
- Everything on ground floor level – great for my mobility scooter
- Very friendly and helpful staff at reception desk
- All Doctors and Staff very helpful
- Very satisfied with everything
- Very friendly
- Never had any problems. Staff very helpful
- Great practice, have no problems with it, lovely doctors and staff
- Would like more female GPs
- Nurses all very friendly and helped put me at ease – thank you
- Trying to get through to the practice first thing on a Friday morning is horrendous
- I think we are very lucky to have such good doctors in Portrush
- Very happy
- Good Services
- I am new patient and I find access to doctors and nurses extremely good in this health centre
The patients were randomly selected but overall the questionnaires returned were fairly representative of the practice profile.
The patients were of different age groups as below:-
- Aged 16 to 44 = 19
- Aged 45-64 = 22
- Aged 65-74 = 44
- Aged 75 and over = 19
43% of the returned questionnaires were from male patients and 57% from female patients.
The results: Q2 -Would you recommend your GP Practice to someone who has just moved into the local area? 100% of respondents would recommend the practice
Question 3 – the comments. The majority of respondents did not add a comment but generally feedback received was positive and encouraging. A few have mentioned the difficulty experienced in getting to see their preferred GP. We have taken these comments on board and have now opened all GP books to allow advance booking of up to 4 weeks for routine appointments. However it remains that patients need to be prepared to see any available GP in an urgent situation and in that instance we would endeavour to offer an appointment within 3 working days.